Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zydeco

PostPosted: Dec Fri 16, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: What is..... Reply with quote

What is that noise I hear on this message board? Are those crickets?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 16, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: They're getting ready Reply with quote

The crickets won't be around until spring or summer, but I noticed on their Facebook and Twitter pages they're gathering large numbers for a major invasion in 2012, just to keep JD happy.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Dec Fri 16, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Cricketeers vs. Mousketeers today in Sports, Page C-30 Reply with quote

I think the mormon crickets are at the GOP debates, cheering on Mitt Romney. We'll have to settle for the 'Agnostic' crickets, who at least know how to have a good time.
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Dec Sat 17, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dog and I are buying snow chains again for the planned New Year's Eve trip up the hill, but given how much we adore Reno, we will probably wind up there for Christmas, too!

My pre-trip report will be followed to an exacting detail so don't expect any post-trip report from me this year..... though if we manage to score another 999-to-1 win, we may just pull up stakes from here in the 'hood and go live in comped rooms at the Cal-Neva...
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 18, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reno Crickets Reply with quote

Zydeco. Is this what you heard?
http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/ss235/BCDave/Goofy%20Stuff/?action=view&current=RenoCrickets.mp4
Zydeco

PostPosted: Dec Sun 18, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny....and sad.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 18, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: You're right Reply with quote

You're right and I feel kinda bad. I think your comment was aimed more at how quiet the board had become. Well you got it going again and thanks for that. I'm impulsive when I get an idea for an avatar or video or even a spiced up picture.

Here's a couple of things that are a bit more cheery. I 'm reposting this image I made a while back. Sorry if I seem to be tooting my own horn but I kinda like it. (If I had a lot more patience I'd try to animate the people too.)

And I always post this link as Christmas approaches. A Visitreno tradition that, I hope, ranks up there with White Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_XJq2Dd_Ts

Hope these blow the sad stuff away!
Zydeco

PostPosted: Dec Sun 18, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I LOVE that link and I also send it along to my Reno traveling friends. WE will keep the quiet at bay during our 2012 trip!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Sun 18, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: It is good isn't it! Reply with quote

I have a few friends that aren't regular visitors to this site, (Not sure why I associate with them) but I think I'll send them that link too. I'm glad Youtube still carries it. It's imaginative, festive and it makes me want to go to Reno!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Dec Mon 19, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan is on to something. If you play the sound bite that BC Dave posted- backwards it says: "Mitt Romney for president, Yea."

Those are some tricky crickets and definitely Mormon..
stan_allen

PostPosted: Dec Mon 19, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: What's the sound of one hand clapping in the forest? Reply with quote

And thanks to Dave for bringing back that picture for another run - warms my heart, it does!

Yep, the Crickets have issued resounding endorsements for 2012: "Romney for Prez!", and "Reno for food!"

Shall we follow the logic of the name "Mormon Crickets" for a list of painfully predictable punchlines?

e.g., what do the Hasidic crickets sound like? "Again with the chirping? Oy!".

Nah, we'd better not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: