Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ON MY WAY!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry.the.Legend

PostPosted: Apr Fri 13, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: ON MY WAY!!! Reply with quote

Arriving Mon Apr. 16th....LOOK for me at downtown Nugget for an EYE OPENER..most of my play will be between Cal-Neva and Eldorado...with trips to Grand Sierra and MORE!!!!!....... Late nights I have a nite cap at Nugget and a good cigar!!!! also will be at ROXY to see Stan and Bobby!!!!..wearing a black cigar shirt(Smiley face smokin a stogie!!) LOOK ME UP!!!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Sat 14, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: All right Larry. Reply with quote

Have a great time Larry! We're looking forward to a legendary trip report.
Larry.the.Legend

PostPosted: Apr Sat 21, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Apr-16-19 Report Reply with quote

I stayedat Silver Legacy for my First time.. enjoyed the room... view and service.. CLASSY.. Sterlings Steakhouse was an expereince I will never forget EXCELLANT!!!! CalNeva STILL Is my favorite place to play... low budget and win a few$$..Also enjoyed the $3 craps at Atlantis!!!yes $3 at Atlantis...... Rail City is a fun stop too GREAT BLoody's(99 cents!!! Lol)
I saw no reason to visit Harrah's as I can also lose money without THEIR help,,lol,,, Roxy Lounge at Eldo made a great night spot with Stand and Bobby playing and a martini...BUT>................ Downtown is like a bum city all day SOMEBODY Has to clean that up..... and Nugget Downtown has become a total joke... nolonger a place to drink cheap it is a $3.25 a beer Dump now....ALL in ALL a great trip and a brought a few $$$ home even!!!!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Mon 23, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Bringing $$$$ home is good. Reply with quote

Larry, glad you had a good time and came home with some cash. Too bad you didn't find the little Nugget to be more to your liking. I still like the place and Awful-Awfuls are great burgers. Some years ago they offered giant sized drinks and pretty good drink service even at the slots. That does seem to have fallen by the wayside. Ah well, at least they're open - the only beacon of gambling life on that once great stretch of Virginia St.
Larry.the.Legend

PostPosted: Apr Tue 24, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: DowntownNugget Reply with quote

it was a MUST STOP every trip.. fun.. cheap great Bartneders9
Debra) NOW all is served in plastic cups.. NO MORE Double Jackpot time.. raffles spinning wheel etc.. and a HOmeless Shelter with a bar.. NEVER see anyone playign there.. SAD... I found myself saying Such and Such used to be here... THIS Used to be.... Downtown is sad
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Wed 25, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: No More Double Dollar Jackpot time??!! Reply with quote

Larry, It looks like you were there for a few week days. I expect downtown comes a little more to life on the weekends. I was there for some cold week days at the end of February and beginning of March and I agree that much of downtown was pretty dead Monday thru Wednesday. On Thursday there were signs that life might be returning. That led me to conclude that the weekends might be busier. Maybe "Double Dollar Jackpot Time" even resufaces on the weekends. I hope so. That little tune going every 15 minutes was part of the place's charm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: