Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABC News: certain hotel door locks EASY to pick...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stan_allen

PostPosted: Oct Mon 22, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: ABC News: certain hotel door locks EASY to pick... Reply with quote

Today's Yahoo feed included a bit on hotel door locks made by a company called "Onity" - apparently, a security vulnerability makes their locks easily bypassed by thieves.

THIS LINK takes you to the story.

Since I (finally!) have a trip to Reno coming up again (business, but I'll take what I can get!), I was a little concerned to hear about this news, so, expecting just about nothing, I sent off an email to the El Dorado, requesting comment on the story, which I provided a link to.

Amazingly enough, I received a response within a couple of hours, indicating that they had checked the story out, and they stated that they do NOT use Onity brand locks in their hotel.

I was very impressed at their timely response, and I hope, more than ever, that the El Dorado - and all the big boys downtown - can survive!
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Oct Mon 22, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Good Job, Reply with quote

The Eldo, does a good job of checking room keys before you get on
ether bank of elevators. It's not fool proof but it helps. I think SL does
also but not Harrahs or CN, don't know bout GSR or Senica.
LilyJDragonfly

PostPosted: Oct Tue 23, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly enough, the beloved Cal-Neva does check room keys after about 9pm.... at least, they carded us the last couple times we were there.... that being said, if I was up for thieving, I'd be hitting up something a bit further up the food chain!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: