Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: Urgent message for Fla Gambler (Mammoth)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
remano

PostPosted: Aug Wed 01, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: OT: Urgent message for Fla Gambler (Mammoth) Reply with quote

A friend just found out that his reservation for a room for the Mammoth Blues Festival this weekend has been cancelled. He only wanted a room for Saturday night, and took this place because it was the only one he could find that would accept a one night reservation during the festival. Apparently they found someone who wanted two nights, so cancelled his reservation without telling him. He only found out this afternoon when he called to confirm the reservation. If they would have told him, he would have paid for both nights just to have it on Saturday, but now it's too late and the whole town is booked solid.

Do you or your friends know Mammoth well enough to make any suggestions or pull any strings that might help to solve this dilemma?

Thanks for any help you can come up with.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Aug Wed 01, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey remano do you know where he was booked?
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Aug Wed 01, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey remano

as of right now 9:30 pm EST on Wednesday, they have rooms available at the Rodeway Inn Sierra Nevada, 164 Old Mammoth Rd Phone: (760) 934-2515 it's right off of Main Street pretty close to the Village. check www.choicehotels.com for Mammoth Lakes CA. Their other properties are sold, my friend works at the Quality Inn and just told me they're double-overbooked.

There's also some condos at Canyon Lodge that are available through Expedia called The Condos at 1849, running for about the same price, $160 per night. They are a little ways up from the Village but definately within walking distance.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Aug Wed 01, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also tell him to give the Mammoth Creek Inn a call, 1-866-466-7000, they are at 663 Old Mammoth Road a little further away from Main Street and the Village but they helped me out big time during Martin Luther King weekend 2 years ago, they're good for having stuff available at the very last minute.

If all else fails tell him the Motel 6 in Bishop has rooms available right now, it's 30 minutes away down Hwy 395 but beats having to drive back to Reno or wherever) at motel6.com

(By the way, all these places have availability Friday-Sunday, I'm guessing that's what he's looking for?)

Let me know where he WAS booked and I'll give my bros a call out there and see who knows who, maybe they can find something but tell him to jump on these other places!
remano

PostPosted: Aug Thu 02, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I passed along your suggestions last night. Still don't know how it's working out but I'll update you when I find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: