Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peppermill's new look
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD

PostPosted: Nov Fri 02, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Peppermill's new look Reply with quote

I haven't been to Reno for a few months but we all know of the " $400 MILLION ..." construction project(s) going on at the P Mill.

Well today I got an e mail from them with a pic and some info I thought I should share with y'all.

First let me say I'm old enough to remember John Kennedy's " Ich bin ein Berliner..." quote. Even back then, I knew enough German to know the correct translation for JFK was, " I am a creamy cupcake".

Which is a long way around to inquire why would the P Mill would open another new restaurant and name it, " Cookies" or maybe "Crackers".

From Dictionary.com: "Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
bis·cot·to /biˈskɔttɔ; Eng. bɪˈskɒtoʊ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bee-skawt-taw; Eng. bi-skot-oh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural bis·cot·ti /biˈskɔtti; Eng. bɪˈskɒti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[bee-skawt-tee; Eng. bi-skot-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation. Italian.

A COOKIE OR A CRACKER."

And another thing... What the hell did the P Mill do with Virginia Street? look at this picture:

http://image.peppermillrenoemail.com/6ef415e2-e.jpg

Note to John:

MY e mail also had this dead link with what should have been a web page version of my e mail:

http://view.peppermillrenoemail.com/?j=fe8e1674716d017e73&m=fef61678706c06&ls=fe2c1172736d0079751071

Maybe you should let them know they hired the wrong web master...
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Sat 03, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD, the link now works for some odd reason. Maybe their webmaster read your post. They didn't hire me to do their site because I don't charge enough.
And yes, Virginia Street is now gone in front of the Peppermill.
remano

PostPosted: Nov Sat 03, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning's RGJ had a brief article that claims the restaurant will open November 22, Thanksgiving day and the ballroom will open November 30. No mention of the rooms or any of the other features. Some photos are on-line at the RGJ's web site:

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=J7&Dato=20071102&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=711020801&Ref=PH&rgj_description=&rgj_date=November%202.%202007
alison

PostPosted: Nov Sat 03, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Peppermill will look great when its completed. I am excited for all the changes. I plan on heading down there in march.
JD

PostPosted: Nov Sat 03, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: One more restaurant? Reply with quote

Since I have no life to speak of, I often try to figure out just what is being said in those press releases.

This propensity to snoop with my past career as a spy, leads me to click on that Anise flavored cookie "Biscotti" link provided in my e mail: E mail - Biscotti's =

http://www.peppermillreno.com/dining/biscotti_s

Odd, that couple dining at BISCOTTI'S looks A LOT like this couple dining at Romanza: P Mill Home - Dining - Romanza =

http://www.peppermillreno.com/dining/romanza

WAIT... They are even the same meal !!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Nov Sat 03, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a mailer that said to visit anytime in December for a three night complimentary stay in the new tower. It looks like they will open earlier than the December 15th that is mentioned on the webpage?

Alison -next visit in March? The new car smell will be gone by then. Very Happy
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Sun 04, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: One more restaurant? Reply with quote

JD wrote:
Odd, that couple dining at BISCOTTI'S looks A LOT like this couple dining at Romanza: P Mill Home - Dining - Romanza

WAIT... They are even having the same meal !!

It's odd enough that they're sets of twins and having the same meal, but why did the Peppermill decorate Biscotti's exactly the same as Romanza? They must have saved a few bucks in architect's fees.
alison

PostPosted: Nov Sun 04, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caswede~yep that new car smell will defintely be gone by then. We actually are planning on flying. As much as i hate flying in and out of reno. Its a 4 day trip and airfare is $120.00 right now on southwest. Cant beat that!
stan_allen

PostPosted: Nov Mon 05, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Consolation Prize Reply with quote

Hey, at least they didn't name it, "Pasghetti"!
hawk

PostPosted: Nov Wed 07, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: PPML opening Reply with quote

If anyone gets anymore good, hard info as to opening of Tuscany rooms, I'd love to know so that I could make some resv -- HOPEFULLY before the snows hit the passes.
Dave

PostPosted: Nov Wed 07, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alison when in March are you going? I looked at their website and it will only show a price for the first week in March or so?! You can't beat that deal!
alison

PostPosted: Nov Thu 08, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there MAr 7-10th. I have not even checked on the room prices. its always comped!!! Smile
Dave

PostPosted: Nov Fri 09, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Alison I meant Southwest Airlines showing a price for just the first week in March. I figured Peppermill has to open their arms to one of their biggest fans! I am sure you will have a ball.
Dave
alison

PostPosted: Nov Sun 11, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thas funny! Did not realize thats what you ment. oops!
Ryder

PostPosted: Nov Wed 14, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: PPML opening Reply with quote

hawk wrote:
If anyone gets anymore good, hard info as to opening of Tuscany rooms, I'd love to know so that I could make some resv -- HOPEFULLY before the snows hit the passes.

Spoke to my host 2 nights ago and he stated the date is December 15th for the new tower
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: