Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I LOVE YOUR ADVICE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Tue 22, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: I LOVE YOUR ADVICE Reply with quote

Both Ryder and MG have given me advice on this.
I did open a photobucket account and was able to add some pics that had an HTML (or whatever) from Web.

But how do I get pics in there that I have in my desktop files. They don't have HTMLs. some I took with my camera.
Sorry I am much illiterate in computerese.
If you can, please walk me thru it.

Thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Only if they're pictures of me Reply with quote

It won't work from your desktop. In order to add pictures to your posts, those pics need to be stuck somewhere on the internet. Upload the pics to Photo Bucket or similar service and embed the html code into your post. You can use the little "Img" button under the subject field when you're composing your message.
alison

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can upload photos from your desktop to Photobucket. thats what your asking right?
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Apache server say, "Heap big data dump" Reply with quote

Nah, why put Jerry through all that trouble?

It'll be much simpler to turn his own PC into a web server, and host his own pictures.

You'll just need to configure your machine as an Apache Server, proxy optional, and install an industrial-strength hi-speed line, such as a T-1 to the machine.

Get an internet protocol address - or a set of them - from your local telecommunications vendor, and you're on your way!

John will be over in a few minutes to help you set it all up, okay?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Way to go, Stan Reply with quote

That's right, Jerry. I'll set it all up and get you online. Stan has agreed to foot the bill for all the equipment and the $1,000 a month T-1 line.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You can upload photos from your desktop to Photobucket. thats what your asking right?"

Yes, that was the question. I do not know how to do that.
Funny thing, in retrospect. Later I realized that I might have already done a few of those but can't figure out how I did it.

Thanks (to all except Stan. Stan, go back to Zeta Reticuli or whatever planet you came from. Smile )
alison

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just log in to photobucket, hit the add files button. Then a box should pop up, you should either have to selct the pull down for "your photos", or sometimes they just show up. then you double click on the pic you want, and upload it. I cant log in to photobucket at work, to view it, but i will tonight when i get home to make sure i am telling you correctly. I am pretty sure i am though.

Last edited by alison on Apr Wed 23, 2008 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Catherine Zeta-Jones is also a reticulated Zeta-ite Reply with quote

John, I'll have to ask you to go back and check the contract - while I did agree to foot the bill for a thousand a month, you will notice the lack of a "Dollar Sign" - I left the currency out of the picture for a reason.

Jerry, I had no idea you were so familiar with good ol' Reticuli - may I ask why you haven't posted *those* trip reports?? Could it have something to do with these mysterious pictures that the board is a-twitter about?

Well, maybe not the whole board, but certainly Charlie and Higgins!
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: too much, too much Reply with quote

That subject really cracks me up.
I have likewise been reticulated (I think) but is that a "GOOD" thing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: