Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Seattle!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrokenAlice

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Hello from Seattle! Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I'll be making my first trip to Reno at the end of May and I've been reading your board for the past few months gathering info. I'll only be there for 2 quick days so I'm hoping to make the most of my time.

I'm looking for a suggestion on how to spend my Friday evening. I'm travelling alone so I'd like to stay within safe walking distance of my hotel, Harrah's.

I've heard some good things about Rum Bullions having dueling pianos that night. I'm wondering if the atmosphere would be suitable for a solo gal. I don't really want to be mistaken for a "working" girl if I'm sitting alone at the bar but I also I don't want to be staring mindlessly into a slot machine all night long either.

How are the comedy clubs? Any other suggestions for a fun evening?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alice
alison

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alice,
Are you the same Alice from Trip Advisor? I think i had responded to your post over there.

Welcome to the board.

Alison
BrokenAlice

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the same! Good to see you here! Very Happy
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Wed 23, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Behold, I bring to you great tidings of Rum Bullions Reply with quote

I've seen the Rum Bullions bar on a Friday night, and I doubt there's much risk of being mistaken for anyone except someone having a good time. It seems a perfectly respectable establishment, and it's probaby just as good a pick as any for a decent place to go.

You might also enjoy Brews Brothers, which is right down the hall.

I'm no expert, but I don't get the sense that there's a series of situations regarding assumptions made about one's profession in these establishments.

Shooters, however, which is across Virginia Street from the Silver Legacy, is a whole different story, and from what I've heard, that would indeed be the type of establishment that a single gal could find many reasons to want to avoid - especially if John, Jerry, or BC Dave are in there.

But you'll have fun - enjoy, and make sure to post a trip report for us when you get back!

-Stan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: