Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breakfast/Brunch buffets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrokenAlice

PostPosted: May Mon 05, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Breakfast/Brunch buffets Reply with quote

Planning my trip coming up this month and I'm trying to determine where to dine. I love a good breakfast buffet! On Saturday mornings I see Harrah's has a champange brunch for a reasonable price. However, I have also heard good things about ElDorado's buffet.

I'll probably wind up going to one or the other for Friday morning, but Saturday seems to be a big deal with "brunch" rather than "breakfast". They are both within the same price range so I'm curious about the selection and which I would enjoy more.

Which of these two would you choose for a nice Saturday morning brunch? Harrah's or ElDo?
remano

PostPosted: May Mon 05, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To complicate matters even more ..... Siena.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: May Mon 05, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Love that crab Reply with quote

A while back, Jerry treated me to the Sunday champagne brunch at the Siena. Very large selection of very good food. The $25 price tag would have been a little steep were it not for the giant king crab legs. Imagine...all the king crab legs you can force down. Mmmmmm. I've been there twice since and it was always wonderful.
jerry

PostPosted: May Mon 05, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: SOME DITTO, SOME NOT Reply with quote

Ditto on the Siena but it is SUNDAY and you ;mentioned Saturday.

Last week I had the Eldo breakfast buffet which is normally very good. It was disappointing this time and wife preferred to snack in room next morning rather than go back.
Reason: They are remodeling and half the area is closed. The price is same though. But selections were down I thought, especially the desserts. The omelets were especially greasy and not good. For first time, I did not finish mine. Service (Martin, waiter) was superb.

Harrahs, I basically boycott on all fronts because of their worldwide rep for the worst gaming. I occasionally walk thru there (Shortcut to other places) but never end up playing there. Wish it were different but -- HEY, you can't have it all!!
BrokenAlice

PostPosted: May Tue 06, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointers. I will not be there on a Sunday so Saturday will have to do. I'll keep in mind that ElDorado is having construction.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: May Tue 06, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrokenAlice, I tried the buffet at Harrah's back in July, but it was for dinner. I think it just got remodeled and was very good, actually a little better than the one in South Lake. The only thing that was weird is that they make you pay for beer/liquor on the spot, like you would at a bar so you might want to investigate that (although the champagne might be included). Got kind of annoying after a while but everything was really good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: