Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

River Festival

View previous topic :: View next topic  
remano

PostPosted: May Thu 08, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: River Festival Reply with quote

For those who may be in town this weekend I recommend a walk down to Wingfield Park for the River Festival. Watching the kayak competitions in the whitewater park is interesting for about 15 minutes, in my opinion, but there are also lots of kiosks selling food, beverages, souvenirs etc., there will be live music all afternoon, other special events and lots of people. Predictions are for perfect weather and there are some nice places to stop and rest up if you should get tired along the way (I recommend Silver Peak Brewery on Sierra St. on the way there, Sierra Taproom right along the river, then go back along Arlington to catch the Imperial Lounge, then at West Second head back toward Virginia St. to stop in at the new Waterfall Lounge that just opened a few weeks ago.) Oh, and there are some interesting boutiques, specialty shops and antique shops along the way, too, as well as the usual dumps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: