Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Downtown beer crawl Saturday

View previous topic :: View next topic  
remano

PostPosted: Jul Tue 22, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Downtown beer crawl Saturday Reply with quote

If you're in Reno this Saturday and want to try something a little different (or, in some cases, just more organized than your usual wanderings), consider the monthly beer crawl:

RENO BEER CRAWL JULY 26TH

Monthly beer tasting held the fourth Saturday of every month

(Reno, Nev.) – The second Reno Beer Crawl is set for Saturday, July 26th at 2pm, and will include 16 diverse, locally owned taverns in downtown Reno. Glasses, maps, and raffle tickets for the four-hour, fourth Saturday beer tradition are available for $5 from 2– 6 p.m. at Amendment 21 (425 S. Virginia St.) and The Waterfall (134 W. Second St.).

Each tavern will pour approximately 6 ounces of specialty beer, or the equivalent of half a can of beer, for $1. The tavern list includes Amendment 21 Grill & Sports Bar, Ceol Irish Pub, the Chocolate Bar, Club Cal Neva, 5 Star Saloon, Foxy Olive, Jungle Vino, Red Martini, Red Rock Studios, Satellite, Se7en, Sierra Tap House, Silver Peak Grill & Taproom, Strega, 3rd Street and The Waterfall. A free Reno Beer Crawl shuttle will circulate along the route, which spans five blocks from ..:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />California Avenue to the north end of the Riverwalk District, providing rides and information.

Beers featured on July 26 include international favorites such as Bass, Stella, Sam Adams, Kona Fire Rock, and Shock Top and popular domestic micro brews from Buckbean, Deschutes, Great Basin, Pyramid, Rogue, Sierra Nevada and Silver Peak. The raffle grand prize is a booklet of $25 gift certificates for all 16 taverns, a $400 value. Other raffle prizes include gift certificates to Uncorked on Cal Ave, a fine wine tasting event the first Thursday each month this summer and fall, and the Riverwalk District's Wine Walk, held the third Saturday of every month.

The Reno Beer Crawl will feature one locally owned business and one local charity each month. The downtown business featured for the July 26th event is JM Studio, a design and marketing firm based in downtown Reno specializing in high-performance web site development, brand development, media production and distribution, strategic marketing planning, and search engine optimization. This group manages the popular local site downtownmakeover.com, a comprehensive source of downtown re-development news. Visit jmstudioinc.com for additional details of their services and products or downtownmakeover.com to learn something new about downtown Reno.

The featured charity beneficiary this month is the Reno Tahoe Blues Festival. The 4th annual festival, headlined by Johnny Lang, The Whisperers, and Gladys Knight, will be held Saturday and Sunday, August 16 – 17 at Rancho San Rafael Park. Please visit renotahoebluesfest.com to buy tickets or for additional details. A special raffle for sets of tickets to the festival for up to 150 crawlers who choose to support the event with their glass and map purchase.

Free parking is available at the Amendment 21 surface lot located at 425 S. Virginia, the 50 West Liberty parking structure at 440 S. Sierra, the new Washoe County lot on Court and Virginia Streets, and the City of Reno lot at 2nd and Virginia Streets. For more information, please visit renobeercrawl.com, e-mail renobeercrawl@gmail.com or call 775-996-1811.

- -
stan_allen

PostPosted: Jul Tue 22, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Crawling to your car... Reply with quote

Free parking for a "Beer Crawl"? Only in Nevada!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Tue 22, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: 99 bottles of beer in my gut, 99 bottles of beer... Reply with quote

Thanks, Remano. That sounds like so much fun, I might even start drinking beer.
Obijuankenobe

PostPosted: Jul Tue 22, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Downtown beer crawl Saturday Reply with quote

[Free parking is available at the Amendment 21 surface lot located at 425 S. Virginia, the 50 West Liberty parking structure at 440 S. Sierra, the new Washoe County lot on Court and Virginia Streets, and the City of Reno lot at 2nd and Virginia Streets.
- -[/quote]
And don't forget that afterwards your friendly Reno police will be at the above locations.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: Jul Thu 24, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun. It cracks me up that they always call these things "tastings" when they really mean "you're gonna leave wasted." Quite a good looking selection they have and looks like a good cause. If it's every month, I'm in!

Mammothgambler
CaSwede

PostPosted: Jul Thu 24, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they did something like this in my town. I really enjoy trying some of the different brews. I have tried all those listed but the Buckbean and Silver Peak. However, after "sampling" about 10 different ones, a bud light would taste just as good as a fine microbrew. Laughing
stoneman

PostPosted: Jul Thu 31, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: ALL ONE AND THE SAME Reply with quote

Every time I venture to downtown it is a downtown beer crawl. Though not planned nor organized.
Anyone else notice how the Eldorado has given up the idea of promoting those 100 beers from around the world. They still have a nice selection but have cut way back and never have any of those fancy new imports that used to show up. Bummer!

And Tivoli Gardens is starting to suck with their menu changes.
Tamales out! Chowder out! Chinese food downgraded! Banana nut muffins out!

And those new Chile Rellenos (so named by Tivoli) are a trip to HELL. They are worse than eating the cereal box - no kidding. I am serious!!! they are incredibly bad. Don't ever try them.
Fill out those complaint forms if you go there. It used to be a good downtown option.

I think maybe the buffet expansion is done though - not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: