Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rest Stops in S Oregon and N cali??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alison

PostPosted: Jul Fri 25, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Rest Stops in S Oregon and N cali?? Reply with quote

Hey,
I need some advice. Shocker!

So we have decided to possible do a drive all night to get to reno mission. We were supposed to be leaving early next fri morning, but now we are thinking of leaving Thurs night after work and go!

If we need to stop, we figured we could stop at a rest stop for a quick nap. Are any of them safe? I am sure some are busier then others, I just am freaked out about having some psycho attack us or something. Any thoughts?

Ali

alison

PostPosted: Jul Sat 26, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No suggestions from the Peanut Gallery?
jerry

PostPosted: Jul Sat 26, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: RENO IN THE HEADLIGHTS Reply with quote

So, who could possibly rest enroute TO RENO????

Here's a quick and dirty (no pun intended) response.

WHAT REST AREAS?????
There are hardly any left. I travel I-5 south to Mt shasta, then take 89 to Susanville. The last I=5 rest area near Weed (airport area) has been closed for months. The one in the hole North of Yreka is open, seems busy, and would likely be as safe as any rest area on any interstate. Park under the lights near the building and keep the windows closed and the doors locked. Could be stuffy in summertime.

Further north is a small area near Phoenix/Talent in Oregon, about 38 miles south of Grants Pass. It's only on west side of highway.
Also exit 45, I think, south of Rogue River would be the same.

Now, the tough part. After leaving I-5, with 218 miles to go, there are only two rest areas, on either side of Susanville, each is 15 to 27 miles on either side. These are newer and nice. Are they safe? Who knows?
No other rest areas exist.

Questions??
Send more pics for more answers!!! Twisted Evil
alison

PostPosted: Jul Sat 26, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You crack me up Jerry.

Yeah we may be able to make it, non stop. I just want to make sure i have a back up plan. After all we are leaving after working all day and will be driving all night long.

Heck though, one time we left tahoe at 11:00 p.m., and drove non stop home. We were camping out in an area call Black Canyon Rd. I think that was the name anyway. Just dawn and I, we got spooked. Creepy noises in the woods. Two women all alone,you get the picture.

Last edited by alison on Jul Sun 27, 2008 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
jerry

PostPosted: Jul Sat 26, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: EVEN EXPERIENCE CAN FAIL AT TIMES Reply with quote

I have lots of experience in the woods - went "Bigfootin" for years even.
Still I am not as quiet as I like and sometimes am given to "Creepy noises in the woods".
Sorry for the frights. Rolling Eyes
stoneman

PostPosted: Jul Thu 31, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: CHECK THIS OUT Reply with quote

Based on my readings here, Ali, you are welcome to "rest" at my place. But it is small and I only have room for ONE guest at a time. Would your hubby mind resting in the car?

Now I feel guilty. I don't really know you that well. But, then, you don't know me well either (YET).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: