Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seriously I like this site
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evandors

PostPosted: Aug Sun 10, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Seriously I like this site Reply with quote

First of all let me say - I enjoy this site and look at this message board weekly. BUT, this message board is a great metaphor for what Reno has become.

Where Reno used to be an eciting town and my favorite vacation spot, it has now become kind of boring, kind of rundown and only enjoyed by a handful of the number of people who oncce enjoyed it.

This messageboard used to have tons of active posters. Now it reminds me of a table at McDonalds where are all the old retired farts stop and have coffee every morning to check in and see if they are all still alive. There are like 6 of you yapping every day.

Oh well, I still check in because I still hope o hear something intereting about Reno. I guess Reno just ain't never gonna be what it was 20 years ago.....

Anyhow...Carry on.
Ryder

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Like McDonalds
RenoLady

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so that means more than 6 of us need to respond to this, thereby confusing who the actual "retired old farts" might be. Anyone? Anyone?
alison

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welli definetely am not one of the old farts.....sorry to dissapoint
garyandsharon

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Ali I've been called a fart, but nobody dares to call me OLD!
stan_allen

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: If a slot pays off in the forest, does Jerry hear it? Reply with quote

And Evandors has contributed how many posts to counter the condition he so studiously laments?

The point is, you can't sit back and wait to be entertained - you've got to jump in!

If our racy avatars, beer crawls, hot August nights speculation, comparison of board members' legs, reports on offers in the mail, observations of the Peppermill's construction progress, getaway trip reports, and discussions of "Atlas Shrugged" aren't enough, then by Jove, get yourself to Reno, generate some JD-like super-action, then come back and write a rambling trip report - you'll spark plenty of discussion!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Love the old farts! Reply with quote

Well at least it's a homey bunch! I think Stan has said it all except....................Phhhhfffffttttt!! 'cuse me. Embarassed
Obijuankenobe

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVANDORS...send me a thousand dollars and I'll be there in 2 hours 23 minutes.....otherwise i have to wait till sunday.
Slacker

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always watching......although I will be back in Reno a week from thur. ...and I cant wait.

slacker
hawk

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: ANOTHER TWO CENTS WORTH Reply with quote

gREAT reply, Stan. You are always right on.

I just unscrambled the anagram for Evandors and came up with "Avid Snorer".
Sorry, you are bored, but feel free to depart and not return.

I happen to enjoy the board. I do agree that we would like more positive news but until then: We gotta keep the board going.
AND, I gotta say, there are some humorous people on here that I now call my friends.
jerry

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: ONE OUT OF SIX IS GOOD ODDS. Reply with quote

pRETTY sure (well, I'm not exactly pretty but) that I must be one of those six.
C'est la vie!!!!

I love the board. Thanks to all you contributors. I too look for a daily fix and regret it when I don't get it but one can't have everything.

Some people even like spinach, rhubarb, and the like.
stoneman

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: ARE YOU REALLY SERIOUS? Reply with quote

sO, Evendrawers, how do you REALLY feel?

Great site, friends, and thanks.
stoneman

PostPosted: Aug Mon 11, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: I guess Reno just ain't never gonna be what it was 20 years Reply with quote

OK, Evildoris, are YOU what you were 20 years ago?
alison

PostPosted: Aug Tue 12, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm....no more comments from Evandors??

I love everyone here! Smile
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Aug Tue 12, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Something smell funny here? Reply with quote

Old fart #5 checking in. Looks like somebody opened a giant can of Mormon crickets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: