Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wow, Alison's numbers are HUGE...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Wow, Alison's numbers are HUGE... Reply with quote

Ali, wow, 718 posts to date. Are those all whilst theoretically at work?
537 for John
327 for Hawk
236 for BC Dave
304 for Remano
411 for Stan
247 for Mammoth Gambler
490 for Jerry
216 for Reno Lady
224 for CaSwede

and coming up fast is Ryder with 199

sorry, JD, you don't make the cut with 154

I guess everyone else must "have a life elsewhere".
jerry

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: AND FOR MY 500TH POST, I WILL --- Reply with quote

i WILL have to think about that historic occasion a bit. Perhaps I can make a TR, since most folks think I live in Reno anyhoo.
alison

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry-
You are alive!!

Yeah i must admit, i post ALOT at work. Lol

Ali
stoneman

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: I HEARD THAT Reply with quote

C'mon, Jerry, I have 44 posts.
I know my numbers are low but how about the "QUALITY" of the posts.
Doesn't that count for something?
stoneman

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: not sure if this is right, but--- Reply with quote

I think I have seen Jerry and John at a distance in the Far Side Lounge.
Not sure if it was them but the gals kept coming and going to their booth and seemed to be enjoying the two ancient old guys.

If this was them, Alison, I would not use the term "ALIVE" to describe either of them precisely.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I better start talking more, or Reno Lady might overtake my higher count position.

You live in Reno? I thought you lived at the Boiler Room in Laughlin. That is the only place I have seen you. Rolling Eyes

Stoneman- Your all ok..... today is triple points day.
RenoLady

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.....7-8 posts behind CASwede...

Since the quality of this board is more important than the quantity, (I mean we have Stan, right?) I won't dilute the verbage by posting nonsensical crap (is that how you spell that? crap, I mean), but I may submit my next trip report in those dreaded installments, nah...I hate those.

You win Swede, for now.
jerry

PostPosted: Nov Wed 19, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Swede has me salivating Reply with quote

Ah, Swedish One, you have reminded me of how much I have loved the Boiler Room. It has been 10 days since I last visited there.
Sad to think that it will all have changed by the time of my next visit.

I was surprised that you had that many posts. Stay in touch.

As for me, I need to post LESS since RenoLady says we need QUALITY, not crap. Funny how she mentioned Stan in the same breath. Did I misread a message there? Smile
CaSwede

PostPosted: Nov Thu 20, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well RenoLady did mention me and then crap posts Very Happy , but it is OK, as we are all guilty of some of those. At least I am now one more post ahead of her in the "race".

Boiler Room- I remember when they had 9/6 JOB, NSUD, 8/5BP with the progressive at the quarter level. I do have a Boiler Room story though. Three years ago I was playing very late in the evening when I heard a comotion going on to my left. It seems that a guy hit the quarter progressive royal for about $1500, and he just kept saying "I don't want any tax form". The guy finally said he would split the money with anyone willing to take the tax form. The bartender had his friend say ok, but she was on the phone getting the ok from her husband I assume. I spoke up and said I would do it, if she did not.

Well, she was still on the phone, and here came the payoff crew. I pulled out my I.D., gave them the information and away they went. My wife was having a fit... What are you doing? Well I did get the tax form and pocketed a little over $700 cash. The guy that won it, then started having second thoughts.... "my wife is going to be really mad". So, at this point I told my wife.... "Let's get the hell out of here" and we did.

I am not sure this was all legal or ethical, but it was the easiest money I ever made.
RenoLady

PostPosted: Nov Thu 20, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap.

sorry
hawk

PostPosted: Nov Thu 20, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: tHE SWEDISH SPLITTER Reply with quote

Ah, Ha, the guilty party. I was there at the time, in town anyway. But I was not in the Boiler Room at the time but showed up before and after. My bartender pals told me about it.

Small world. I'da done it too!!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Fri 21, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: we'll show you who's alive... Reply with quote

Hey Jerry, Stonehead claims he saw us at the Fyr Syd and we couldn't be described as "alive". I think we should meet him there, drag him outside and show him just who the hell is alive! Waddya think? Huh, huh, huh.
jerry

PostPosted: Nov Fri 21, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: COUNT ME OUT OF THIS ONE, DUDE Reply with quote

John, as you know, I pretty well go along with you on most things.
But, have you taken a good look at Stonehead's (oops, excuse me, I mean MR STONEMAN's) avatar. If he looks anything like it, I don't "have no truck with him".

But, after our next Far Side Tuesday and about 12 Heinies and six appetizers apiece, I may be willing to reconsider. After all, it would not be the first time that you and I made a---s of ourselves in the Far Side.
stoneman

PostPosted: Nov Sat 22, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: BOYS, THAT IS "ONE!!!!!!!!" Reply with quote

Ok, you two. A little FYI. I do indeed resemble that avatar. I am sweating now from a two hour workout pumping the steel.

And you two are upsetting me. I don't post much but I do check out the board nearly every day.
I have one word for you two: DON'T MESS WITH ME!!!!

John, something bad could happen to one of your bird friends.
Jerry, someone could steal your home run bat. Or you could suddenly become not so "hot".
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Nov Sat 22, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: BOYS, THAT IS "ONE!!!!!!!!" Reply with quote

stoneman wrote:
I have one word for you two: DON'T MESS WITH ME!!!!
Ooooo, I peed my pants. How about you, Jerry

Hey Stoney, you haven't seen Higgins' beak. It's bigger than your bicep. Sharper, too. I'm willing to meet with you anytime. And if you're as big as you say, Hey - the beer's on me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: