Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking pretty grim, sorry to say
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD

PostPosted: Jan Sat 31, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Main Site Reply with quote

Good stuff on the main site. Too bad John has to remind us (well, ME) to check it out sometimes.

I love that Nevada history stuff. Has Evanoff published any books on Northern Nevada?
hawk

PostPosted: Jan Sat 31, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: JOHN IS A PRINCE Reply with quote

Guys and Gals:
We need to keep thanking our "mentor" John for his work here. He is a jewel.
Thanks, John, for reminding us at times of things we miss on the main board (or elsewhere). I often am in a hurry and don't look at much else here except the message board.

I likewise much appreciate the input we get from Remano. Local insights that we would otherwise not be privy to.
So, thanks also to you, Remano.

And thanks to the many other non-locals. We get some good stuff here from many others. This is a great board. It keeps me interested in Reno and wanting to return.

And the informative Trip Reports are fascinating, even from the mini-gamer, Stanley!! Wink
(sorry, I had to revert to my normal cynicism briefly)
So, Stan, you are much appreciated as well.

Wow, now I just thought of about 12 more specific people on this board that I need to thank. You all know who you are, so keep posting those delightful, delicious, delectable, desirable, but NOT Delinquent messages.

If I am mellow today, it is perhaps because I buried another friend yesterday. We have to appreciate them - and tell them so -- while we have them around. That makes at least 8 for me in the last year.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Feb Mon 02, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Limer-HIC Reply with quote

Thanks for the thanks! And sorry about your friend. It is indeed a fine collection of ragtag misfits we have here. You and your giant eyes and pincers are truly cherished members of this community, in which I am also proud to be considered sufficiently bizarre for membership.

In other matters, Fitzgerald's is closed?! Is that why I can't get a drink in here???
remano

PostPosted: Feb Wed 04, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawk,

Thanks for the mention. Always glad to contribute when I can. I enjoy the trip reports as much as anybody else, especially because they talk about Reno from a point of view that is unavailable to me.
hawk

PostPosted: Feb Thu 05, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: You are welcome, Remano Reply with quote

"point of view that is unavailable to me."

That is precisely one of the values you present to the rest of us.
We are only "locals" whilst visiting.

I really like to catch some Reno news and viewpoints that would otherwise be missed. Tho my home page does have Reno news on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: