Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big 4th of July fireworks display

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Wed 01, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Big 4th of July fireworks display Reply with quote

But not in Reno. I got a call from a lady with the City of Reno asking me to remove the Rancho San Rafael fireworks display from visitreno's events schedule. Sadly, Reno won't be celebrating our nation's independence this year. That will be John Ascuaga's job, and he's done it well in the past.

Nothing official, but I have heard there will be no fireworks downtown either.

From the RGJ:

"The Reno City Council agreed Friday to cancel fireworks for the Fourth of July, bowing out to the much bigger Star-Spangled Sparks show in downtown Sparks. It will use that money and other funds to support special events.

The council agreed that the $7,500 planned for fireworks would be better spent supporting the national hand cycling championship that will be part of the Tour de Nez bicycle classic on June 17-20.
"

With this in mind, please note that the City of Reno won't be supporting Street Vibrations 2009, an event that has consistently brought many millions of dollars to Reno's economy for over 15 years.

Because of Reno's lack of interest in the event, Street Vibrations' promoter wanted to move the event to Sparks. Here's a fun fact about that issue: due to other events around that time, the Sparks PD declined because their officers were just too darned tired to work that much. In today's economy, one would think they'd be fighting for the overtime.

When I started this post, my intention was to sum it up with a witty comment, but words fail me.
remano

PostPosted: Jul Wed 01, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is likewise my understanding that the City of Reno has cancelled its fireworks display, but there will still be some fireworks downtown, at Aces Stadium after the Aces game, which is probably sometime after 10:00. You can probably see at least part of the fireworks from outside the stadium, but Aces games can be fun and they're on a roll, so why not buy a ticket and make a night of it?
VAPA

PostPosted: Jul Thu 02, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately for me I'm at the beach in Virginia, so we'll have plenty of fireworks. Happy B'day USA. Enjoy the 4th and think of the troops.
hawk

PostPosted: Jul Fri 03, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: come to the mountain state for the fourth Reply with quote

15,000 screaming soccer fans in the Thundering Herd stadium last night for opening ceremonies of the Region 1 Soccer tourney.
Most of them walked by Hillbilly Hot Dogs whilst we were having the second of our two meals there yesterday.
Sadly, so many of you out there are unable to savor the delicacies of a bona fidy hillbilly hot dog.
We sat in the bathtub for dinner, then had our pic taken in the indoor outhouse, sitting on seats reserved: one for MAW and one for PAW. Sorta made the dogs taste even more authentic. The flip down table worked well once you were each ensconced upon your respective toilet seats.

If'n y''all ever git thar, be shur ta say hullo ta Sonny and Shari.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: