Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reno on my mind

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Mon 14, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reno on my mind Reply with quote

Although I'm normally overly occupied with all things Reno, lately I've been getting it from all angles.

The scanner I purchased from Amazon (for the 35mm slide ancient Reno trip report) shipped from Reno. I ordered some winter tires from Tirerack.com, they're coming from Sparks. My wife and I went to see "Everybody's Fine" (movie) a few nights ago. The main character misses a bus so catches a ride with a female trucker. She lets him off in Reno. (Where he gets mugged.) That same night we were watching late night TV. Nothing on except.......Reno 911! I haven't watched this show more than once before. What do we see? A brief passing shot of good old Shooters!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: There's a message here... Reply with quote

I've read reports on the so called "Reno Syndrome", where people have gotten subtle signals like you. They came to Reno immediately and won really big money. Every one of them. It has something to do with a concept we, as mere mortals, cannot understand.

I'll hold two machines for you, you lucky winners, you.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: When Mr. Reno says VisitReno.... Reply with quote

Janice and I are on our way out to the Starfighter. Hold on to those machines.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: OK...take a break Reply with quote

Damn thing won't start..snow in the intakes! Lockheed is sending a team of technicians but they may take awhile. They also warned me that the special hair dryers they use to melt snow are very expensive and my warranty is long since expired. Could you win some money for us and send it UPS?
stan_allen

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Dial 1-800-BAT-GATT for Battlestar Galactaca Reply with quote

That's what you get for trying to use a vehicle from a bad '80's space movie. Next time, hire the Millenium Falcon!
Hey, Dave, do you still have that hilarious image of "Stan Allen" floating past the Cal-Neva? I laughed every single time I saw that thing, and I'd love a copy of it!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Coming right up! Reply with quote

I'll find it and e-mail it to you!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: My Starfighter.....Reno Escape Machine Reply with quote

Hey! No Sci-Fi for this guy. Here's a pic of my Reno Escape Machine. At mach 2, Reno's just a half hour away. Sometimes I have hang around the front door of the Peppermill waiting, if John decides to walk.

BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Stan, not sure if this will work.. Reply with quote

Tried to e-mail it to you but that didn't work. Dave
hawk

PostPosted: Dec Thu 17, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: thanks, john, but no thanks Reply with quote

John wrote: "I'll hold two machines for you, you lucky winners, you."

John just hold ONE machine. I got BCJ covered. Wink
stan_allen

PostPosted: Dec Thu 17, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Don't look a GIF horse in the mouth Reply with quote

Boy, I sure wish I knew more about animated gifs - I saved that file off the page, but of course, the animation doesn't seem to have followed.

Hey, I know! I can look up "Animated .gif" information on the Internet!

Thanks, Dave! (just seeing it again gave me laughs!)
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 17, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Anytime! Reply with quote

Glad to help you on your quest for laughter.

Here's another one courtesy of Rodney Dangerfield;

"Last week I ran into the Surgeon General...He offered me a cigarette!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: