Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My favorite (value, taste & etc.) buffies in Reno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAPA

PostPosted: Mar Wed 03, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: My favorite (value, taste & etc.) buffies in Reno Reply with quote

My favorite buffy is at the Atlantis next is the Peppermill and the Grand Sierra. No comment on the others as I haven't eaten there. I've heard good things about Harrah's. Opinions are more than welcome.
mustangmike

PostPosted: Mar Wed 03, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote goes to Peppermill's buffet, however, the last time there, I was less impressed. The Eldoradoused to be very good, but its been a couple years since I been there. We had breakfast buffet recently at Harrah's and really liked it, probably go back this upcoming trip. Lately we have been staying at the Nugget in Sparks, and am not that impressed with their buffet, kinda pricey, and not very many main dish entrees.
Dave

PostPosted: Mar Fri 05, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am an Eldorado guy all the way. In all fairness I went to the Pep years ago and my buddy still swear that was the best buffet he has ever been to. I think it may have helped that he had 6 beers in him before we got there but it was good. I also loved Harrahs seafood buffet last time I was there was amazing.
Actually haven't had a bad meal there the more I think about it. I am sure it is possible but I just haven't! Very Happy

Mike you have to be getting ready to head down for the tournament soon right pal?
mustangmike

PostPosted: Mar Sun 07, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave,
Yep, the plans are in place for the tourney. This is going to make 10 years in a row. Driving to Reno Wed. afternoon and staying at Harrah's Wed. and Thurs.($37 a night) then moving to the Nugget Friday($89). Last year we were not very impressed with what Cal-Neva had to offer for March Madness, so Friday, we moved over to Harrah's and enjoyed it. It is a smaller book, with more comfortable seating, and absolutly no lines. We kind of missed the zooish atmosphere if Cal-Neva, but they just seem to get tighter and tighter with the free drinks, and the "dog and draft" special is up to $3, and the dog isn't very good.
Does anyone have any information on the sports book at the Sands? They are offering $1 domestic beers, and that got my curiosity up.
remano

PostPosted: Mar Tue 09, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed a sign in front of Peppermill's buffet yesterday announcing that a larger and better buffet was coming soon. There were no details as to when it would be ready or what will make it better and I couldn't find any information on their web site but I'm sure something will be forthcoming.
VAPA

PostPosted: Mar Tue 09, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reno buffies Reply with quote

I can tell you what the Peppermill is going to do up their price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: