Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peppermill continues to remodel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
remano

PostPosted: Apr Sun 18, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Peppermill continues to remodel Reply with quote

Looks like they're updating the main tower rooms, adding a boutique and creating an executive board room. All in all it won't make much difference to the typical visitor, unless you're in one of the updated rooms. Still, I give them credit for continuing to improve. From the RGJ:

http://www.rgj.com/article/20100418/BIZ04/4180349
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Sun 18, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: re the pep rooms Reply with quote

I have been satisfied with the tower room remodel. However, when we checked in this week after the Atlantis, my wife's first comment was, "wow, these bathrooms are small". Just her observation - not a problem. What I miss is those steam rooms they used to have in the tower showers. Loved those.
They may still have them, I guess, since they were in the spa rooms. But last time I stayed in a spa room, they had NOT been remodeled yet.
alison

PostPosted: Apr Wed 28, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they are finishing the rest of the old tower. Only part of it is done.

Hi everyone!! Love to my favorite guy... Wink You know who you are.
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Wed 28, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: A Nice Cryptic Message Reply with quote

Hmmm!!!! Don't everyone speak at once! Wink

Was it Shakespeare who once wrote that "the sword cuts both ways"?
alison

PostPosted: Apr Thu 29, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the one guy who matters jerry responded.. Smile
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Thu 29, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Dr. Realmsphere, I presume Reply with quote

We all know our place. We are not worthy!

But now that we've broken that ice, got any trip reports?? Ones fit for family reading, or is there too much risque business?
jerry

PostPosted: Apr Thu 29, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Worthy is as worthy does. Reply with quote

Wow, I'll be walking on air as I depart for my championship tourney in CA tomorrow. Maybe I'll hit a home run for my favorite board friend. Wink

And, Stan, you are indeed worthy. Just remember, though, that some are more worthy than others. Cool

I am constantly changing plans for Reno. Hope to still make a May trip. Surely hope there is something positive to report in a TR.
But, it is still snowing almost daily along my route. Can't believe this.
At the lower elevations, much rain. For last month, I have had only one day when I could play ball without rainouts.

Happy Cinco de Mayo to all my board friends. Guess that's better than wishing all a "Mayday", since that is the code for disaster.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Apr Fri 30, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Bummer, dude Reply with quote

Hearing that Jerry is Alison's favorite guy has really put me into a depression. Guess I'll just have to shut the board down and eat worms. Mayday, mayday!
stan_allen

PostPosted: Apr Fri 30, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: As long as they're Tequila worms! Reply with quote

Shutting down the board, I can see - but eating worms? How is that different from any other day with John?
alison

PostPosted: Apr Fri 30, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh john, your my other favorite...dont tell Jerry i told you... Smile
jerry

PostPosted: May Tue 04, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: I Delivered as Promised!! Reply with quote

I am indeed a man of my word. I could not let down my special friend. Very Happy (Eat your heart out, John).

We opened the tourney against the toughest team. In the first, they scored 3 runs, putting us in an immediate hole. In bottom of first, our first 3 batters reached base. Our #4 big gun hitter, the so-called cleanup hitter, then popped up to the pitcher. I thanked him as I strolled to the plate in a most Ruthian manner. I considered pointing to where I planned to hit it but resisted the temptation. I took a couple of pitches until I got the one I wanted. I then cranked a long line drive Grand Slam Home Run over the right fielder's head to give us a 4-3 lead. Very satisfying. And guess who I thought of about that time? Embarassed

We lost that game in extra innings by one run. So they were champs even though we had the same wins-losses (both 4-1) and we had a better record against everyone. We were in the Gold Division. And, get this sports fans: In bottom of last inning with score tied, I rounded third base on my way to scoring the winning run and the manager called me back. The throw was way off line and I would have scored easily with my speed. So we then lost in extra innings. I was not a happy camper at the conservatism of my coaching-challenged manager.
My legs could have kept us undefeated but his head got in the way.

Our sister team in the Silver Division also tied for best record but lost the title by one run differential. How weird is that?

Now another tourney starting Thur in OR and another next weekend in CA.
Plus a game this morning and a game Thur night after playing 3 games on Thur afternoon in a different city. Then early Fri morning 2 more games.
So I will have 6 games to play in 24 hours. Plus 140 miles of driving.

Life does seem hectic during softball season.

Glad I could get the job done for you, Ali, Oh, BTW, I did crank out another 3 run home run for another special someone.

Thanks for listening sports fans... Perhaps this should have been a trip report....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: