Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You guys might like this....CANFEST!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuanBlase

PostPosted: Oct Tue 06, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: You guys might like this....CANFEST!!! Reply with quote

I guess cans are making a comeback?

http://www.betterbeerblog.com/index.php/2009/08/07/canfest-reno-international-canned-beer-festival/

"Along with Buckbean Brewing Company, Big Sky Brewing Company, Oskar Blues, Ukiah Brewing Company, Maui Brewing Company, Surly Brewing Company, New Belgium Brewing Company, Uncommon Brewers, and Rochester Mills Brewing Company are a few that have confirmed they will attend the event."

Just so happens Ill be in Reno at that time. And the day before my B-day. Count me in!!!

If you guys haven't seen this yet i thought you might get a kick out of it. If it is old news please forgive me, and please spare me a violent lashing! Yow!

Peace!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Wed 07, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Now we're getting somewhere Reply with quote

This is my kinda post. Events related to alcohol and other tasty treats, like chocolate, tend to fare well in Reno. Sadly, I haven't seen any promotions for it locally.

Now, if they could just get the pistachio festival here...
hawk

PostPosted: Oct Wed 07, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Juan knows beer Reply with quote

Thanks, Juan. That is indeed a board-related bit of news.
Just had my flu shot and my brain is garbled. Now that is the type of news that is NOT board-related. Ah well, blame it on the vaccine.
I need a beer.

Sadly I cannot be in Reno for the event.
And why does it cost so much. $35 seems steep, no matter how many samples one imbibes.
remano

PostPosted: Oct Wed 07, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I try to keep up on things but this event escaped me. Canfest is mentioned in some of GSR's upcoming events advertising but there is no description. The name itself isn't too exciting so I didn't pay any attention.

John - forget pistachios -- I foresee next year's lutefisk fest as eclipsing even Hot August Nights. For those unfamiliar with this Scandinavian delicacy, lutefisk is cod soaked in lye, and has the distinction of being the only food requiring a specific exemption from the definition of "toxic substance" in Wisconsin's Employees Right to Know Act.

Legend has it that lutefisk originated as an attempt by oppressed Norwegians to poison the invading Vikings. Much to their surprise the Vikings consumed the fish without apparent ill effect. There is no proof of this but I prefer it to the alternative, which is that some Norwegian at some time in the distant past once said "Hey! Let's soak this fish in poison and then eat it!" That could happen, but I just can't believe the next guy would say "That sounds like a GREAT idea. Let's go for it!!"

But, to get back on point, maybe it could happen if they had just attended the first Norwegian Canfest. Mmmmm....lye (hic).
JuanBlase

PostPosted: Oct Wed 07, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: hells yes Reply with quote

Now this is exactly why i posted it! I hoped you guys (gals too) would get a kick out of it. I also look forward to reading your responses, they always make me laugh! Thanks all!
Anyways, I just noticed tecate signed on, so Im like hell yeah!!!!! Canned tecate, nothing finer!
CaSwede

PostPosted: Oct Wed 07, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canned beer- pistachios and Lutefisk. What do they all have in common? I guess Reno...??

The Swedes love our Lutefisk..... well some do. I had a Swede tell me a Lutefisk joke.. You know you just don't hear many Lutefisk jokes much anymore do you?
~~~~~~~~~

Sven was talking to Ollie about a problem he was having. It seems that a bunch of skunks had moved in and made home under his house. He tried everything he could think of to get rid of them. Water, noise, loud music- nothing worked. So Ollie said he knew how to get rid of them. Put a big pan of Lutkefisk under the house, and they will leave.

About a week later Ollie saw Sven and asked him if the Lutkfisk trick worked. Sven said... well yes. I put the pan of Lukefisk under the house, and the skunks moved out quickly... but now I have another problem. A family of Swedes has moved in there now. Very Happy
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Wed 07, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: I'm in the Can Reply with quote

Mmmmmm HieneCan!!
jerry

PostPosted: Oct Sun 11, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: CANNED BEER IS AN OXYMORON Reply with quote

pLEASE see subject line.
But, OTOH, Canned Coors would NOT be an oxymoron, since Coors is not really a beer. It's simply a headache in a can without flavor, substance, or positive effects.

Oops, for those who think of Coors as a "beer" product, I should have written this under a pseudonym.
so, that being said, JOHN is using my computer.

(Ali, did you remember to leave a tip for our maid?)
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Oct Sun 11, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Hey, no problem there Reply with quote

I'll gladly take the blame for using your computer for that post. I'm 100% in agreement with you. American beer is for people who don't like the taste of beer.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Oct Mon 12, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Fisk this Lute, I dare ya! Reply with quote

The Lutefisk festival is right up there with the Japanese Natto bean festival, the Chinese Sea Cucumber festival, and the Russian Borsht festival - these events will be commanding sky-high ticket prices, so lock in your order now!

As for American beer, I hate to be a snob, and so I'll concede that such brew is perfectly good for slaking one's thirst, as long as it's served ICE COLD, and consumed quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: