Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the weather forecast for next week in the region?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Stan make one last attempt to go to Reno in '09, or try to squirm out of it?
For God's sake, yes, do whatever it takes.
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Are you crazy? Bundle up in blankets, and wait for spring.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Try to have it both ways, and get less than nothing.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
SHOOTERS!
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

stan_allen

PostPosted: Dec Fri 11, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: What's the weather forecast for next week in the region? Reply with quote

I know I can get on twenty thousand different websites to find out what's in store, but I'd rather tap into our special knowledge base here.

Believe it or not, I may need to venture up to our favorite city, and I'm trying to figure out if it will be necessary to rent a 4-wheel drive, or whatnot.

Thanks!
remano

PostPosted: Dec Fri 11, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowing lightly right now, about a 2 to 3 inch new accumulation on top of about a foot already on the ground. More snow tomorrow and maybe early Sunday, then starting to clear. It's supposed to be getting warmer with mid to high 40's during the week. Hopefully the prediction is accurate and some of the snow will melt.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Dec Fri 11, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Most systems are "Go" Reply with quote

That's more like what I was hoping to hear - thanks!
remano

PostPosted: Dec Sat 12, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Today's forecast continues to predict a warming trend - as high as 50 by Wednesday - but with rain or snow during the week. Meanwhile, in my neighborhood which is about 500 ft. above downtown's altitude we got another 8 inches or so of very wet, sticky snow last night, with more predicted later today. Time to go skiing.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Dec Mon 14, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: A light dusting of powdered sugar Reply with quote

The only place where it really matters is the summit, and I've lined up a four-wheel-drive rental - as long as Caltrans doesn't close the highway altogether, all will be well.

Looks more and more like it's worth a gamble! Weather-God, I offer you this puny HTML page sacrifice as an inducement to keep away your newest ultra-blizzard, O mighty and powerful one.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Wish granted! Reply with quote

stan_allen wrote:
Weather-God, I offer you this puny HTML page sacrifice as an inducement to keep away your newest ultra-blizzard, O mighty and powerful one.

I'm listening, stan_allen, and your wish is granted. Sunny skies shall prevail. There's something about an HTML page sacrifice that just flips my switch.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Bow and tremble before the mighty webmaster! Reply with quote

John, you really are powerful - thanks!

I promise to create a worthwhile trip report, bearing in mind your strict instructions that only positive things shall be said about Reno. As we know, many users have been banned for their cynical murmurings. I will keep the faith!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Poll Reply with quote

Hi Stan
I voted for Shooters. What was the question again?

John is all powerful. The local elders call him "The one who can make sun shine in the desert."
stan_allen

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: There is no question, only the answer: RENO Reply with quote

Oh, thanks, but don't worry; there was no question - as we all know, SHOOTERS! is all that needs to be said, or thought.

I've also heard that John's powers extend to the pull of the tides - he can actually make them come in, and go out! Sure, it takes 28 days, but come on; that's a lot of movement! I saw it on a webcam he hosted somewhere...
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Holy Website, Batman! Reply with quote

Wow!!! From "Platinum Man" to "Mr. Reno" to an All Powerful Divine Being! (Herein after refered to as APDB).
Hail John!

(Or are we being a bit too patronizing?)
CaSwede

PostPosted: Dec Tue 15, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sunny skies shall prevail." I also thank you -- All Mighty One I am heading for Reno Thursday YEA!!! Red tooth
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Wed 16, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Oh yeah Reply with quote

Dave, I'm more powerful than you ever dreamed. And you thought that last royal of yours was luck.Wink
hawk

PostPosted: Dec Thu 17, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: reminiscing Reply with quote

can you say, "twelve inches"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: