Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Bawl

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who plays a game with 175 MILLION to ONE ODDS?
yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
no
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Only if it puts points on my card
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

JD

PostPosted: Nov Wed 28, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Power Bawl Reply with quote

People like to laugh at Keno players that play a game that ONLY returns 70 -75% of the total wagers as winning.

And lots of people go looking for a VP table with a 98% instead of a 96% payout.

And I even joke about the Cal Neva that sometimes drag out a roulette wheel with a single zero while the double zero wheel has more players!! (Single zero has 2.7% house edge vrs 5.26% for double zero).

So how many people here would play a roulette wheel with 36 numbers and 36 zeros? AND it had a two dollar minimum. AND you could ONLY bet numbers (no columns, no black/red, no even/odd). And once you placed your bet on one number... it had to come up 50,000 times in a row?.... on a table with 36 numbers and 36 zeros.

AND if your number did come up on 50,000 spins in a row, and you did win, they would pay off over twenty years, and the feds want half and likely a state would want 10%.

Oh...and the house edge over all is 50%
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerball

Oh....and NO FREE DRINKS, rooms, meals or shows.

Show of hands.... who's in?

http://news.yahoo.com/550-million-powerball-chances-202208667.html
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Nov Wed 28, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: It's my good deed for the day. Reply with quote

I play it once in a while, but I think of it as a Charity. I'm helping
some one else! I of course play Keno all the time and I do pretty
well at it, better than slots. The last keno tourn at Harrahs was
won with over 53'000 $$ and the winner had played the same tickets
out side of the Tournament and Left with over 120K. not to bad
for a few hrs work. I've placed in the top 10 3 out of the last 4 Tourns.
I entered. So let the experts Laugh!
remano

PostPosted: Nov Thu 29, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of those guys who searches for the best pay tables, best table rules, avoids keno and rip-off side bets, etc. BUT ........

I'll buy a lottery ticket when I am somewhere that they are available (not here in NV) and the jackpot is high enough. I don't expect to win but I get my money's worth in dreaming about what I'd do with the winnings. Also, I can justify it mathematically. With Powerball, for example, with odds of 175 million:1 the expectation becomes positive for a $2 ticket when the jackpot reaches 175mX2 or 350 million. That doesn't take into account the probability of a split pot with more than one winner, but if I had to share 500 million with another winner I probably wouldn't complain. It also doesn't justify buying more than one ticket. Even 100 tickets don't increase your odds enough to be worth the money. You can still dream with just one entry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: