Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The U-Haul that hauled the carport...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: May Thu 09, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: The U-Haul that hauled the carport... Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Live from Stardust Street, I just wanted to share these - this mishap occurred last evening and the creaking could be heard for blocks! Question: did the driver not read or see the sign that reads, "No truck parking?" Hope they took the insurance policy!

Mammothgambler

JD

PostPosted: May Thu 09, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOO FUNNY. Well, kinda sad, actually....

Gotta be the corner of Elgin & Stardust.

I looked at a house at 1800 Stardust. Bad day for a couple of people.

But good that it wasn't ME !!
stan_allen

PostPosted: May Thu 09, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: or "U Demolish" Reply with quote

From "U Haul" to "U Destroy" in one easy shift into the wrong gear!

Back in sunny Sacramento, a woman dropped her daughter off, hit someone in front of her, threw it into reverse in a panic, and wound up pinning her own daughter - so hey, in this case, it coulda been worse! (That's assuming there were no injuries, other than to what's left of the driver's pride...)
CaSwede

PostPosted: May Thu 09, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: ouch Reply with quote

U Haul's slogan "Adventures in Moving". This sure was an adventure for someone. I think the U Haul in this case is U in big trouble.

Thanks for the pictures!
JD

PostPosted: May Thu 09, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mammoth:

Call or e mail the tip line at the Reno Gazette Journal. Tell them you'll GIVE them those pics IF they PROMISE you an interview for a graphics job.
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: May Fri 10, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD, Yes, Stardust and Elgin is where it's at. I actually investigated these apartments thinking they'd be cheap but turns out they're even higher than the ones in South Reno, pretty strange.

It's funny you mentioned the RGJ, because they had a copy editor position pop up there, which I've done lots of over the years, so you just never know. They too have taken a beating with downsizing lately, but that seems to be the norm these days...

Still trying to figure out why/what caused the U Haul to enter the carport at the wrong end? Fortunately, that brand spanking new pickup truck next to it got spared by about two inches!

Mammothgambler
Mammothgambler

PostPosted: May Fri 10, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, looks like the wrecker and fence crew came to fix things up. Actually looks like the U Haul might be salvageable, minus the windshield. But the carport, not so sure...

Mammothgambler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: