Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reno Aces Sandwich In National Battle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shooty

PostPosted: May Fri 17, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reno Aces Sandwich In National Battle Reply with quote

Minor league baseball teams from around the country are competing in this year's Food Fight Contest. The Reno Aces have entered their Triple Play Sandwich in the "Local Legends" category:

The Triple Play Sandwich includes healthy portions of pulled pork and brisket, wedged between three slices of Pullman bread and generous amounts of coleslaw. BBQ meatballs, pickles and cherry peppers adorn the skewers that hold the sandwich together.

Also catching my eye is the BBQ Sundae served by the Rome Braves:

A layer of cornbread topped with BBQ pork, covered with homemade coleslaw and finished off with another slice of cornbread.

Go Reno!
jerry

PostPosted: May Fri 24, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yummy stuff. wow, BBQ/cornbread in a cup. You just can't ruin those two things.
BTW, just across the street from the Aces park is one of the best slices of pizza around. Barley crust. Since I shouldn't eat Wheat, it works for me.
Try it. I love it, you may as well.

And if Tyler is around, he was born the same day as John --- except 40 years after -- but still the same day. Great guy, Tell him I sent you...
mjames1229

PostPosted: May Fri 24, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerry wrote:
yummy stuff. wow, BBQ/cornbread in a cup. You just can't ruin those two things.

Just the sight of that ruins it for me... and all people afflicted with the "Food Touching Issues" maladies.

The BBQ should be here, the coleslaw in its own compartment over there, and the bread on a separate plate, so the bread doesn't sop up those competing juices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: