Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turner Classic Movies Reno Marathon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zydeco

PostPosted: Jul Tue 30, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Turner Classic Movies Reno Marathon Reply with quote

While this is not a travel question, it is something I wanted to share with Reno Travelers, Reno Old-Timers, History Buffs, Reno-philes like me, and the rest

Turner Classic Movies is playing a series of Reno-based movies on Wednesday. Most are from the 30s and 40s and include "Merry Wives of Reno", "Peach-O-Rama", "Vacation in Reno", "Romantic Nevada" and "Five Against the House".

Interesting to see the sites of Reno from many decades ago. What will you recognize?
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Jul Tue 30, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: TCM Reply with quote

That will be Cool! Love that channel, what time does the
first one start, I want to record them.
I can answer my own question.
It starts at 3am pacific time and runs till
4pm, I think?
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Tue 30, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Perfect! Reply with quote

That's sounds great! Thanks Zydeco!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jul Wed 31, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Merry Wives of Reno Reply with quote

I recorded all the above movies last night (thru the wee hours of the morning). I watched the "Merry Wives of Reno" this morning. It's somewhere between a light hearted and pretty silly little movie about several wives coming from New York to Reno to get divorced from their lying, cheating husbands. The husbands pursue them to Reno.

There's a shot of the old Reno train station, the Riverside hotel and the interior of the club "The Willows" is apparently shown. I'm only going to give this one 2 stars. Sad Confused
CaSwede

PostPosted: Jul Wed 31, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on the movies. I watched some of them and they were not too good, but the one about holding up Harolds Club had a lot of shots of downtown and inside Harolds club. That was great. I loved the car elevator. We could use that today.

Dave- I could not watch anymore of the Merry wifes of Reno. P.U. that movie stunk. Shocked
spdmrcht

PostPosted: Jul Wed 31, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: TCM Reply with quote

They are still going on, Magnificent Obsession. It's on Tahoe. Don't know
how long its going to last? Yah, I loved the Garage at Harolds Club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: