Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Video Poker at the Silver Legacy?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Mon 10, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Good Video Poker at the Silver Legacy? Reply with quote

Has anyone looked at the V.P. paytables at the Silver Legacy recently? My friend got an offer from them a couple of days ago with "RATED #1 VIDEO POKER in Northern Nevada by vpplayer.com" emblazened on the envelope.

My experience with the Legacy has been lackluster as far as V.P. goes.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Tue 11, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Sleger Livacy Reply with quote

I'll defend the place as a hotel, but couldn't recommend it for gaming - nevertheless, as I'm heading there tomorrow, I'll see if there's any decent machines. I'm looking for 9/6, right?
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Tue 11, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Thanks Stan Reply with quote

Thanks Stan. Right, 9/6 on Jacks or Better. Have fun!
JD

PostPosted: Mar Tue 11, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Legacy Reply with quote

Who cares what the VP tables are. They easily have the best looking cocktail waitresses... or maybe it's the outfit... or maybe it's that when dressed in my silver baron outfit (Carl Lagerfeld Tails, Top Hat, Vest & Gold handled cane), one of them was CERTAIN I worked at the SL as "SAM FAIRCHILD".

(note to John: maybe it's time for my Sam Fairchild avatar)

Summer is MY favorite.
CaSwede

PostPosted: Mar Fri 14, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Leg" is suppose to be one of the favorites with the real serious vp players. I know they have 9/6 jacks and some 9/6 DDB progressives. I think what gets the big boys excited is the generous free play offers they get.

Now you do put through about 30K per day....right? Smile

Check the vpFREE Reno site for specifics on the inventory.
hawk

PostPosted: Mar Fri 14, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: vp Reply with quote

Last year, I talked to a guy who does nothing but travel the state playing VP. This year, I have only seen him at the Pep.

But, I specifically asked him if the Leg had any decent VP. He remarked,
" Only the Triple Play. but you have to play $25 per hand." That is a bit out of my league. He said, "yeah, but you nearly always get something back". Guess he is one of the high rollers you talked about.

He used to play a lot at Siena but haven't seen him there for at least a year.

I did find some decent pays upstairs between the Leg and Eldo. I think it is the Leg's area - I am never sure. Two great things about it: It is NON SMOKING..... and the chairs are the best I have experienced.
One BAD thing about it: I never got anything out of the machines. Also, the cocktail service is more limited. But for those like our mod, the cocktail waitress was a GUY.....
So, forget about them ALL having great costumes. I wouldn't want to have this guy serve me while wearing one of those outfits. It might curdle my beer.
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Sun 16, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Thanks Hawk Reply with quote

Thanks, Hawk, for the info. Sorry about the Avatar but it's so hard to quit. Maybe Aqwa would help me with the shakes I get when I think about switching.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Mon 17, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Look Southeast Reply with quote

The most amazing cocktail waitress turned out to be at the El Dorado. I really wanted to tip her just for being so beautiful, and didn't even need a drink, as I already had one.

There was 9/6 Video Poker at the Southeast corner of the 'Leg, and though there's probably more elsewhere, this was all I could verify, though Hawk's lead sounds to be the more substantial one.

More on the free play at the Sands; that's where the real fun was to be had!
BC Dave
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mar Tue 18, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: VP @ the LEG Reply with quote

Thanks Stan.

During my upcoming trip I'll check out both your SE corner and Hawk's upstairs area. I'll scout around some more as well. Given the attractons mentioned at the Eldorado, I may stop by there for awhile too.
jerry

PostPosted: Mar Tue 18, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: stan, were you drinking too much Reply with quote

I play a lot at the Eldo but I don't remember noticing anyone as you describe. Course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Did you get a name?
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Wed 19, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: "Behold, for I bring you great tidings of gaming joy... Reply with quote

'twas a fleeting glance, which I had to contain in order for it not to morph into a leer - but alas, I got no name of the lass.

And I took another look in the area the next night, but no similar vision could be found.

The 'beholder' point rings very true, of course, and this beholdery somehow had the exact right everything. And as always, such sights as these seem to be as random an occurrence as what one sees on the machines, with their fickle doling out of meager yet eagerly-anticipated payoffs.

But every now and then, you get the wind knocked out of you, and you can't help but savor that fleeting reminder of the ferocity of youth.

Next time, I'm just going to swallow my pride, walk up and give her the tip, and search, very thoroughly, for a name badge.
jerry

PostPosted: Mar Wed 19, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: too funny for words Reply with quote

That you are, Stan me boy.

Funny thing about the badges. I nearly always look for the name. But oftentimes, they are turned in such a way that it is embarrassing. It makes it seems like one is leering or staring when really you are simply trying to see the name.
stan_allen

PostPosted: Mar Wed 19, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Radically Radii Reply with quote

Exactly - so what I should do, then, is to gawk and stare as obviously as possible, while making it clear that I am only attempting to read the name on the badge, even as my eye makes a full-radius sweep of the entire territory.

Yup, that'll work.
JD

PostPosted: Mar Wed 19, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Nametags Reply with quote

Summer at Legacy told me once for fun and ammusement the girls swap name tags. If someone is hitting on 'em a little too much, the put on a name tag of someone no longer there.

Her favorite story is someone asking her if Summer still worked there....she had a "Linda" name tag on at the time.
hawk

PostPosted: Mar Thu 20, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: That's OK, BUT..... Reply with quote

JD wrote: "the girls swap name tags"

Just so long as they don't "SWAP ME" amongst them. I like to make my own choices.

I think I also (a year ago) talked about a bartender that I knew well who had several dozen nametags. It was a couple weeks of daily visits before we found out his real name. Course he eventually got fired like most of our other favorites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: