Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hoppy New Beer

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will we enjoy drambling as much in '09 as we did in '08?
Yes!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Yesh! <hic!>
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
A fat tire please, and that's for you, pretty lady
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Shooters, anyone?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I am Jerry; hear me roar!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
This poll answer reserved for BC Dave, Master of the Avatar
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
This poll answer reserved for any board member I forgot to pay homage to
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
So what's the limit on the number of poll answer options?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
We don't know; it's above John's pay grade
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, 'cuz the economy bit me in the butt, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

stan_allen

PostPosted: Jan Mon 05, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Hoppy New Beer Reply with quote

I went out of town for the last two weeks of December, and was totally out of touch. I had fun, except for the flu part...ever had the kind of sore throat where it feels as though you have shards of broken glass stuck in your neck?? It's as fun as it sounds.

It's been swell to catch up on board material, and while I have no witty rejoinders for all the comments everyone has posted, I'd just like to toss in my own "Happy New Year" greetings, and to announce my renewed dedication to enjoying Reno even more in '09 than ever before.

And I look forward to snappy answers, heated exchanges, thrill-ride trip reports (both reading and writing), and all the usual fare that I love on this board with all you wonderful members.

Cheers!
hawk

PostPosted: Jan Mon 05, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: HUMPY NO BEARS Reply with quote

c'mon, Stan, take credit. You are the "snappy reply" guy. Numero Uno!!!

Right now, I am a bit burned out on Reno. An extra 15 days tacked onto a trip is overkill. Further, it DEVASTATES the bank account.
Rooms nearly all free.
Food the same.
Tips at least $500.
Gambling results: PRICELESS!!!

The only redeeming feature in my rear-view mirror at this time ?:
Our esteemed Board Host = PRICELESS.....
I may have to return sooner, rather than later, just to enjoy our "Heinie Time".
stan_allen

PostPosted: Jan Tue 06, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: If you're a Hawk and a Huckster, are you then a Hawkster? Reply with quote

Oh, I read all about your marathon reluctant Reno stay, and I can't say I blame you for being a tad burned out - but who among this board could honestly claim not to have been envious of you? You've achieved a level of wish-fulfillment that we can scarcely conceive of, and for this, you are to be heartily applauded with recognition as the Zeitgeist Meister of Renopolis-something or other. Keep it coming in '09, O mighty Hawk, or is it King Grasshopper Fattireus these days?
hawk

PostPosted: Jan Tue 06, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: HUMP NO BEAR BEFORE ITS TIME Reply with quote

I decided to change the subject line. Musta had an extry Fott Tar last nite.

Honestly, Stan, I already am (WHAT ONCE AGAIN) thinking fondly of Reno. I'd like to go back IF I didn't have to drive myself.
I'll have to consider a bus trip next month. But have had no success going that route the last two winters. My favorite bus keeps getting cancelled due to lack of interest.
I can't buy enough seats on my own.
RenoLady

PostPosted: Jan Wed 07, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also been gone the last couple of weeks, 9 days in Vegas, drove back last night. Out of 9 days, we won on 1.

The rooms were mostly comped, including 2 days at the new Encore, nice place, I could get used to that.

However the gambling is MUCH better in our Reno/Tahoe.

Speaking of Hoppy new year, the more hoppy the beer the more happy Renolady is, however, Vegas doesn't understand this. They are excited serving amber Budweisers. Unless you are at a Brewery, forget about getting a good ale. I had one Sierra Pale Ale in all those 9 days, it was on tap, and I teared up when the bartendar let me know he had it available. Of course it was off strip (Boulder Station).

Happy New Year everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: