Visitreno Forum Index Visitreno
Visitreno.com's message board
There's a lot of information on the
MAIN SITE

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Room Information

View previous topic :: View next topic  
llkraus

PostPosted: May Wed 20, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Room Information Reply with quote

I am starting to put things together for my November trip to Reno/Tahoe. I will arrive on Saturday, Nov. 7 and my friend arrives on Sunday, Nov. 8. I need a room for Saturday night, before we go to Tahoe and move into the condo.

I have noticed that rooms are available at the Sands for $64 and at JA Nugget for $60. I have stayed at the Sands on two previous trips and it is more than adequate for my needs. However, I have never stayed at the Nugget and am thinking that it might be fun. (I have played there in the past.)

Can anyone provide a comparison of the rooms. The Sands is a standard room, while the Nugget is shown as a Courtyard room. If I recall correctly from reading about them in the past, the Courtyard rooms are very basic and are under the freeway.

Are the Courtyard rooms okay? Is the traffic noise an issue?

Thanks for any and all information.

llk
remano

PostPosted: May Wed 20, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pick the Nugget just because it's overall a nicer operation. I stayed there once but not in a courtyard room, and I've never stayed at the Sands so I can't compare the rooms. The Nugget has an indoor pool, which I would regard as an advantage in November.
RenoLady

PostPosted: May Wed 20, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure, but that courtyard room may be the Nugget property that wins the award for the smallest hotel room ever. Honestly, I picked their low end choice (hey, it's Nugget, how bad can it be?) and ended up in a 10 x 10 room. It had a bed, and a couple of feet around it, that's it. Call ahead and ask about that style of room.
llkraus

PostPosted: May Wed 20, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. Although I will only be in the room to sleep, shower, and shave, I think 10 by 10 might be a bit cramped.

I guess I'll wait another couple of weeks before locking in one of the rooms.

llk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visitreno Forum Index -> Reno Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: